With Autumn’s cooler weather comes higher rates of viral infections. So, it seems like a good time to talk about your immune system and how you can support it.
You were born to be healthy and happy. And these days, with Coronavirus as an additional threat, you simply can’t afford to get sick. This takes some responsibility for you to remain healthy despite the challenges and obstacles of your daily life.
Good health is a critical factor for enjoying and succeeding in life. However, those changes in the seasons tend to get your body out of whack and more susceptible to illness. You need a strong immune system to weather to seasons without getting sick. Here are some easy tips to help strengthen your immune system.
1. Eat nutritious foods. During cold weather, flu and other infections threaten your health. Proper nutrition is very important for good health. A balanced diet rich in antioxidants (found in vegetables and fruits) and healthy fats can help support your immune system. Avoid processed foods and artificial sugars.
2. Drink a sufficient amount of water. Drinking water helps your cells operate optimally, plus it helps your body more easily process food and eliminate waste. Water helps transport the white blood cells and other immune system cells you need to help stave off illness. Staying hydrated ensure you have proper blood circulation so these cells can get where they need to go to keep you healthy.
3. Establish a regular sleeping habit. Setting a regular sleep schedule can improve the amount and quality of your sleep. Inadequate sleep can result in a sluggish immune system. Sleep is when your body heals itself. Prolonged fatigue prevents your body from fighting off illnesses, making you more susceptible to getting sick. Most experts recommend eight hours of sleep a night for adults to maintain good health.
4. Exercise regularly. Physical activity helps improve happiness and health. Moderate to intense workouts lasting under an hour help boost your immune system both immediately and in the long run.
5. Relax. Your daily routine and work schedule probably leave you feeling stressed and tense. Find ways to take a break and relax. Chronic stress appears to wear down your immune system and make you more vulnerable to illness.
6. Laugh more often. The old adage “Laughter is the best medicine” has more truth than we realize. Loneliness, depression, and a negative outlook have been shown as contributing factors in a variety of ailments and illnesses.
7. Include spices and herbs. Spices like onions, ginger, and garlic have components that can strengthen your immune system.
8. Enjoy some sun. It is one of the best things that you can do to boost your levels of Vitamin D, which is essential to healthy lungs and bones.
9. Avoid using too many antibiotics. Recent studies have found that antibiotics can attack essential bacteria in the digestive system and can overpower natural immune functions. So only use them when you really need them.
10. Enjoy life. Living in misery opens the door to infections. Try to embrace the day and live life to the fullest. I know this is easier said than done these days, but connect with friends in a safe way and have fun! You will be surprised just how healthy and happy it makes you feel.
These tips can keep your immune system operating at its best and will help you fend off those seasonal colds and illnesses so you can actually enjoy the coming winter months!
Are you ready to make changes?
Yours in health and wellness,
2 WAYS TO GET MORE VITALITY IN YOUR LIFE FOR FREE:
1. Click here to join my tribe, High Vitality Life Revolution - where likeminded women are taking control of their health and happiness, with free daily support, tips, resources, inspiration, mini-challenges and more!
2. With over 30 of experience, I guarantee we will find a custom solution to increase your vitality today. Click the button below to get a free vitality session with me.
Thanks for Sharing!