Make this big batch of healthy and delicious granola to keep your family going for a week or two.
Family Favourite Granola
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
● 3 cups (270 g) of rolled oats (not quick oats!)
● 1 cup (125 g) chopped pecans
● 1 cup (125 g) cashews or almonds (omit for FODMAP)
● 3/4 cup (75 g) shredded coconut
● 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
● 4 tsp flax seeds
● 4 tsp millet
● 1 Tbsp sea salt
● 2 tsp cinnamon
● 1/2 tsp nutmeg
● 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
● 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil (melted)
ADD AFTER COOKED:
● 1 cup (150 g) dried cranberries
● 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
Heat oven to 250ºF (120ºC).
Mix the oats, nuts, coconut, brown sugar, flax, millet, salt, and spices in a large bowl.
Melt the coconut oil and measure out the right amount. Add in the maple syrup. Pour this mixture to the dry ingredients (excluding cranberries and hemp hearts) and mix well.
Spread evenly on two sheet pans. Place the sheet pans in the heated oven. Cook for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so everything browns evenly.
Remove from the oven and place in a large bowl. Add the cranberries and hemp hearts to the hot granola and mix well.
Let it cool, then place in an airtight container to keep fresh for several weeks (if it lasts that long!).
Serve 1/3 cup on top of yogurt or a smoothie bowl and enjoy!
Thanks for Sharing!